2017 MMC National Finals Grade 6 Individual Competition 15-second Questions
- Four mangoes and 3 oranges cos Php 62.00. Four mangoes and 5 oranges cos Php 88.00. How much does one orange cost?
[Sol]By subtracting 5 oranges and 4 mangoes to 3 oranges and 4 mangoes, the result will be 5 – 3 = 2 oranges. Thus, . Therefore, 1 orange is
- Forty three is 12.5% of what number?
[Sol]Notice that .
The number, therefore, is .
- What is ?[Sol]
- If , what is ?[Sol]
- How many positive divisors does the product have?
- What is the sum of all prime numbers from 1 to 20?
- If January 1 is a Wednesday, what day is February 1?
[Sol]There are days between January 1 and February 1. Thus, 31 divided by 7 gives remainder 3. Wednesday + 3 days is a .
- The average of 11 positive consecutive odd integers is 37. What is the smallest number?
[Sol]Since the difference of 2 odd numbers is 2, then the middle number should be subtracted by . Since 11 is odd, then the middle number is its average. Therefore the smallest number is .
- What is of of of ?
[Sol]Converting the percentages into decimals, we get
- What is the product of ?[Sol]
Simplifying the values inside the parentheses and by cancellation,
Latest posts by Daniel James Agsaullo Molina (see all)
- 2017 MMC National Finals Grade 6 Individual Competition 30-second Questions - June 19, 2017
- 2017 MMC National Finals Grade 6 Individual Competition 15-second Questions - June 8, 2017
- 2017 MMC National Finals Solutions - June 8, 2017