TGIF Problem of the Week 6
As a help for students preparing for the upcoming regional and national statistics quiz, our problem for this month is about probability and Combinatorics.
Submission period is from October 4-October 10,2014.
Melvin wants to draw using his 6 crayons of different colors. If he can use atleast one color for his masterpiece, what is the probability that he will only use his favorite color?( One out of six colors is his favorite)
Send your answer using the form below. Make sure to include your school or company. Solution will be presented on this page same day next week. Only answers using the button below will be accepted. Goodluck!
Check out the previous problems here.
[contact-form-7 id=”2341″ title=”Submitter”]
Correct answers were submitted by:
1. Mc Jason Laurete. Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan
2. Raymond John Diaz. University of the Philippines Los Baños
3. Melga Sonio. Malinta National High School
4. Hillary Diane Andales. Philippine Science High School – EVC
5. Michaela Reign M. Magallon. Rosales National High School
6. Muthukrishna. kle pu college , Bangalore
7. Arsh Singh. Your Math Guru
8. Andell Joy S. Cempron.Bayugan National Comprehensive High School
9. PATERNO S. BAGUINAT III. Jose Rizal Memorial State University – Dapitan City