MTAP REVIEWER FOR GRADE 8 PART 4
This is the part 4 of free mtap reviewer for grade 8. It is also advisable to review reviewers for grade 7. Check this page to check all available reviewers for grade 8. Most of the topics here is already been discussed in this blog. If you want to know the tutorials. Use the custom search engine on the upper right part and type the keyword. I personally include some hints so that you will know what to find.
1. Evaluate: (hint : Use sum and difference of two squares factoring)
2. What is the coefficient of in the expansion of ? ( Hint: Binomial Theorem)
3. The length of a rectangle is 5 more than twice the width. If the perimeter is . What is the area of the rectangle?
4. the supplement of the angle is 8 more than twice its complement. What is the angle?
5. What is the greatest integer function of ?
6. What is the domain of ? (Hint: Range and Domain of a function)
7. What is the range of equation in #6?
8. Find a quadratic equation with integral coefficients if one root of quadratic equation is .
9. Find the value of and if .
10. Find the area of a triangle enclosed by the x-axis, y-axis and the line .
11. The area of a square is numerically equal to its perimeter. What is the minimum are of the square with such property?
12. Factor completely: . (Hint: SFFT )
13. What is the remainder when is divided by ( hint: remainder theorem)
14. Simplify: (hint: nested quadratic equation)
15. If is a factor of . What is
16. has sides equal to respectively. Arrange the angles from least to greatest.
17. John is travelling to school with a speed of and come back home with a speed . What is his average speed? ( hint: Average Speed)
18. How many squares are there in a standard cheesboard?
19. people are sitting around a round table. Each one them made a handshake with each other. How many handshakes occur if each one of them refused to have a handshake with the person right beside them? ( Hint: Handshake Problem)
20. If . What is the value of (hint: Algebraic Identities)
[toggle title=”Answer Key”]
3. 168 cm2
9. A=-8/3, B=8/3
10. 3 sq. units
11. 4 sq. units
17. 19.8 kph