Practice Math Challenge Questions and Answer for Grade 5 and 6 Part 3

Welcome to part 3 of this reviewer. Check parts 1 and 2 and other reviewers for division round in this page. Have fun answering. Questions will be entertained faster by contacting me in this page.

1. Peter counted 9 dogs and cows. He counted 10 cows and goats. He counted 16 animals in all. How many cows in all?

2. A number is greater than 24 and less than 25. It is a power of 5. What is the number?

3. The class was given 15 math problems on Thursday and 12 problems on Friday. If Windy finished 2/3 of them, how many problems does she still have to finish?

4. One fifth of the horses were white and the rest were brown. How many of the horses were brown if there are 15 horses?

5. Alvin had ¾ box of raisins. He gave 2/3 of it to Anne. Anne gave Joan ½ of hers. What part of the box did Joan have?

6. At what point on the number line is two thirds of the distance from 2.1 to 3.9?

7. Edmund and Jeanine have some comic books. Jeanine has 5 more than Edmund. They have 17 in all. How many comic books does Edmund have?

8. The ratio of mango trees and guava tree to avocado trees in an orchard is 5:2:8. If there are 1245 trees in the orchard, how many Avocado trees are there?

9. This number rounds off to 5. The sum of its digits is 12 and the product is 32. Both digits are multiples of the same number.

10. There were 250 piglets in Mang Kanor’s poultry. 35 got sick and died. What percent of the pig died?

11. What is the remainder when 48576 is divided by 49?

12. Round 385 930 873 to nearest million

13. In 385 930 873, how many times as great is the underlined 8 than the 8 that is not underlined?

14. How many twenty thousands are there in 5 million?

15. What is the largest digit that can be placed in the blank to make 53_21 divisible by 9?

16. Reduce 81/729 to lowest term

17. What is the greatest common factor of 540 and 630?

18. A pair of shoes marked P350.00 was sold for P287.00. What was the percent discount?

19. Four times a number is 92. What is 17 more than 5 times the number?

20. The area of triangle is 210 cm2. If the base is 28 cm, what is the altitude?

21. Find two odd numbers between 10 and 30 with a ratio that is equal to 3:5?

22. Jerry collects and sells aluminum cans after school. In 4 days he collected 92 cans. At that rate, how many cans will he collect in 7 days?

23. Jasmine reads 24 pages of the book. If this was 75% of the book, how many pages was the entire book?

24. If one  angle is 20° larger than its complement, how many degrees are there in each angle in degrees?

25. Dino spent 20% of his savings. But he still had P128.00 remaining. How much money had he saved?

Check answers here

Dan

Dan

Blogger and a Math enthusiast. Has no interest in Mathematics until MMC came. Aside from doing math, he also loves to travel and watch movies.
Dan

Latest posts by Dan (see all)

You may also like...

19 Responses

1. Imelda says:

Hi Dan, can i have your email address?

2. Dan Lang says:

email sent to your email. My email is in the about page of this site located in the upper right menu.

3. Anonymous says:

Can you be my daughter tutor for mtapp this January?shes grade5

4. Anonymous says:

Or can you sent me a reviewr for mtapp grade 5 from easy round to difficult round. Plsss

5. Dan Lang says:

Make sure first to qualify for finals. After the elimination round I will post questions for division levels.

6. Anonymous says:

Thanks ,It would be a great help

7. Anonymous says:

Hi Dan, Im so happy , my daughter passed the elimination round this morning and she will be heading for MTAPP division level . Now i know i need your help please.?

8. Dan Lang says:

WOW! Congratulations po! What place? Grade 5 mam right? Later tonight I will post sample division math questions for your kid to practice.

9. Imelda says:

Thanks po, hindi po sa amin sinabi yung ranking, Grade 5 po ang anak ko. ,wait ko po mamaya ,maraming thanks po God Bless .

10. marron says:

first po ang anak ko nun elimination nila sa district at ngayon ay pa division orals npo cia k…for 5 consecutive years po ay laging first po cia sa district..at hanggang 2nd nman sa division ..sna maging 1st cia ngayon sa tulong ng mga review materials na nakuha ko sa inyo..tnxs..

11. Techie says:

Let’s pray for her sir.

12. Anonymous says:

sana nakita ko na to nung math challenge previous months…hope next year meron pa rin ganito…God will bless you more po Sir Dan…sinusubukan ko pong i tutor ang anak ko every year po para sa math challenge…kaya ang laking tulong po nitong mga review materials nyo…thanks talaga ng marami…

13. Dan Lang says:

I will try my best to keep this website alive po. Thanks!

14. ara says:

hi po sir dan pahelp naman po..gusto ko po sana magkaroon ng reviewer for my grade 1 mtap challenges po

15. jed says:

…………………………….?…………………..

16. Hi I am so glad I found your web site, I really found you by error, while I was looking on Digg for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a fantastic post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I donít have time to look over it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome job.

17. Karen Roca says:

Thank you of this blog. That’s all I’m able to say. You undoubtedly have made this web web site into an item thats attention opening in addition to critical. You certainly know a fantastic deal of about the niche, youve covered a multitude of bases. Fantastic stuff from this the main internet. All more than again, thank you for the blog.

18. christopher y. teves says:

hi teacher teachie i’ve search your article and would like to avail if possible how can we download your questioners and with answers or can u be my daughter tutor for grade 5 mtap?
    please do contact me thru my mobile im willing to communicate with you for my daugter.

+63-0999-588-8433

19. Genevive says:

can you give me the answers please…