Painless Trigonometry (January 8 – January 15, 2014)
A flagpole stands on a top of a building. The angle of elevation of the foot of the pole 30 m from the foot the building is 60° and 80 m farther, the top of the pole has an elevation of 30°. How high is the pole? Give the answer in exact form.
You can also send your answer to email@example.com . Please DON’T FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND THE NAME OF YOUR SCHOOL. Names of those who submitted the correct answer will be posted in this page immediately after the answer has been reviewed. Happy Solving!
Check here for old problems
Correct answer were submitted by:
1. Melvin D. Alas-as Manuel S. Enverga Univ. Foundation Lucena City
2. Jeffry Robles. University of the Philippines – Diliman
3. Muthukrishnan .Kle College , Bengaluru
4. Jhay Dela Cruz. Polytechnic University of the Philippines – Taguig
5. Arsh Singh. works at yourmathguru.com
6. Ng Hong Jie.Jurong Junior College.Singapore
7. Kenny Wong, Jurong Junior College, Singapore