Freehand Geometry: Problem of the Week (December 14 – December 21, 2013)
Triangles in a triangle
Triangle ABC is a right triangle with right angle at B. The legs are of length 15 and 8. Point D is on the hypotenuse of the triangle such that the line BD divides the original triangle into two different triangles with the same perimeter. How long is ?
Comment your answer below.
Note: I am the only one who can see your comments. You are only allowed to comment your answer once. Comments will be revealed next week December 21, 2013 (Philippines Time). You can also send your answer to email@example.com . Please DON’T FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND THE NAME OF YOUR SCHOOL. Names of those who commented the correct answer will be posted in this page immediately after the answer has been reviewed. Happy Solving!
Click here for old problems
1. Arsh Singh. yourmathguru.com
2. K.Rahul Mohideen
3. Muthu Krishna. Kle College , Bengaluru
4. Kennard Ong Sychingping, De La Salle University
5. Joshua Alforque Gonzales. Cebu Technological University – Main Campus
6. Paolo Go.DLSU
7. Kenny Wong, Jurong Junior College, Singapore
8. Jia Syuen- SMJK Sam Tet, Malaysia