GRADE 8 SAMPLE MATH CHALLENGE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Check all reviewers for grade 8 in this page. Good luck to your preparations. Get notified when I have update about reviewers by putting in your email address on the upper right side of this page.
Write equation of the line in ax+by+c=0. Time: 1 hr
1. Simplify and express in positive exponent: (a-1b2c-5)4.
2. What is the solution set of 2x-1>6?
3. Mary is 24 years old. John is half the age of Mary. How old is John?
4. What are the roots of 6x2+x-2=0?
5. Solve for x: 5/(x-3) = (x+2)/(x-3)+3
6. What is the degree of equation 2x2y-3xy+y2=0
7. Simplify: (3-√2)/( √3-√2)
8. Give the product of (x-y)(x2+xy+y2).
9. Factor completely 2x5-10x4+8x2.
10. Solve the equation: 2√x=√(x+27)
11. What is the conjugate of 1-√3?
12. Find the sum of x/(x2-9) + (x+1)/(x2-4x+3).
13. Find the solution set of 2x-y=4 and x+2y=-1.
14. The sum of 2/3 of the number and ¾ of the number is 51. Find the number.
15. Find the sum of equation 2x2-3x+1.
16. For what value of K such that the lines 2x-ky=2 and x-2y=4 become parallel lines.
17. One factor of x2+kx-2=0 is -1. Find the other root.
18. Find the maximum value of 1-3x-x2.
19. Find the solution set of 2x2+3x-2<0
20. Find the solution set of │2x-1│>3
21. Find the vertex of y=x2-3x-6.
22. Find the perimeter of rectangle if the length is (2x-1) m and the width is (x+4) m.
23. For what values of m is (m-2)/(m+3) equal (m+1)/(m-1) ?
24. Find the equation of the line through (2,1) and (3,-2).
25. What is the slope of equation 2x-3y=4?
Click here for answer key
Click here for Problem of the Week