Problem of the Week
What is the remainder when f(x)=999x^999 + 998x^998+997x^997+. . .+2x^2+x is divided by x-1?
Submit your answer with or without solution and your affiliated school to firstname.lastname@example.org
Problem due until 25th of November,2013.
Names of those who got the correct answer will be posted here immediately after the answer has been reviewed.
Correct answers were submitted by:
1. Mark Elis Espiridion.Mapua Institute of Technology, Intramuros, Manila, Philippines
2. Jerome Bechayda Laguna State Polytechnic University,San Pablo City Campus
3. Melvin D. Alas-as, Manuel S. Enverga University Foundation Lucena City
4. Jeffrey Robles.BS Chemical Engineering.University of the Philippines Diliman
5. Armand Macapagong. University of Cebu-Main
6. John Michael Maninang. University of Santo Tomas
7. Jay Rald Quiachon. University of Cebu-Main
8. Milind Srivastava. India
9. RIEMANN SOLIVEN. ATENEO DE MANILA UNIVERSITY, QUEZON CITY
10. Jomari Tan. BS Civil Engineering. DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY
11. J. Kenneth Jalandoni. Technological University of the Philippines-Visayas
12. Christian Rey Notario. BS Applied Mathematics. Ateneo De Manila University
14. Rex M. Romero. Academic Head. STI Bacolod-Annex
15. Versalius Magna
16. John Rey Jimenez. Negros Occidental High School
17. Caesar Ian B. Pedro. University of the Philippines- Diliman
Check here for soution